Test-ride new motorcycles
We’ve teamed up with just about every motorcycle manufacturers, and will be putting on the South’s largest test ride. We have bikes coming from:
- Aprilia – test the latest 2017 models, including the Tuono
- Attitude Motorcycles – Ground up customs and amazing builds
- Battery Motorbikes – a glimpse into the future of commuting
- BMW – A great range of sports and tourers
- CCM – Sold out for 2017, but taking orders and showing the range
- Curiosity Motos – Amazing Café Racers
- Ducati – the truck’s booked in so you can try a range including Diavel and Multistrada
- Honda – We’ve booked their truck with up to 30 bikes to try out
- Indian – a fantastic heritage for the American dream
- Moto-Guzzi- classic, timeless and ultra-modern
- Piaggio – retro and modern scooters – and even new electrics
- Triumph – at least 10 could be more if enough people want to try them
- Vespa – a brand that needs no introduction
You can test ride over 125cc bikes for 30 minutes around the brilliant local countryside with a mix of A roads, dual carriageway and twisties to get a real feel for the machine. Smaller machines have a dedicated part of the Goodwood Circuit to themselves.
Get great deals on new and used bikes
Because BikeFest South is being supported by dealers rather than just being a tyre-kicking show like the NEC or Excel, you’ll be able to ride the bike of your dreams and do a great deal right there on the spot.
Each dealer will have brand new bikes, with show offers, plus a wide range of secondhand dream machines they can get you onto if a new one is just too far beyond the budget.
They’re all coming ready to do deals – even some of the organising team are waiting to buy their next bikes at BikeFest South, so bring your plastic with you!
Test your skills in the biker gymkhana
If you’ve ever watched this video of one of the Japanese police riders doing a gymkhana, and thought “I could do that”, then here’s your chance to prove it.
OK, we won’t expect you to go quite as quickly, but there will be a series of twists turns, straight lines, starts and stops. As it will be a competition we are expecting to have a head to head final, which will of course add in some extra twists!
There will of course be prizes for the best results in a group of categories courtesy of our sponsors.
The competition will run throughout the day, in the full focus of the viewing gallery at the Goodwood Motor Racing Circuit, so it really is a chance to show off your great motorcycle skills
Entries will cost £15.00 and be payable on the day.
Young Biker of the Year competition
Everyone wants to see new young riders come into the hobby and enjoy it, so we’ve got to gather with Swinton Insurance to put on a fantastic competition exclusively for under 30’s.
Check out the Swinton Southern Young Biker Of the Year website for more information. First prize is a two-week adventure biking trip to Peru.
The competition will be grouped into three age ranges – 16-20, 21-24 and 25-29. We will be awarding prizes to the best male and female riders in each category, as well an overall ‘Young Biker Of The Year’ award.
Taking part will test all your skills and each person entering will be marked on:
- Theory – 10 questions and road signs from the Highway Code
- Slow skills – maneouvring and handling in a dedicated area for YBOY
- On road – a 30 minute observed ride with an IAM National Observer
Entries are free and you can pre-register on our dedicated website
Try out a bike for the first time
We’ve teamed up with ‘Get On’ the Motorcycle industry’s official representative who have taken over a big chunk of the Goodwood Motor Racing Circuit to create a safe area where you can try a bike, learn how to handle it, and have a ride around a safe, controlled and traffic-free area.
Bikes will be provided, as will gloves and a jacket. Just make sure you have some sturdy shoes or boots, and you’ll be ready to roll!
It’s free to have a go – all you need to do is go to the ‘Get On’ stand and book in.
We have over 100 slots for trade stands and they are filling up readily with an incredible selection of specialist suppliers, including:
- Safety Gear
- Tour organisers
- Tuning equipment
- Training services
- Safety Aids
- Rescue services
They are all there to sell their wares, so you will be able to bag a bargain as well as see lots of stuff you’ll wonder how you ever lived without!
Be part of the biggest club rally in the UK
BikeFest South is all about taking part and enjoying the experience. One of the best ways to do that is to come with friends, especially if you happen to be doing it on a group ride. For more details on how to organise one of these, see our Clubs & Ride-Outs Page.
We’ll be expanding our list as we go on, but when we launched the website we had already signed up these groups to be with us – some in force:
- Ducati Owners Club
- Harley Davidson Owners Club
- Bandit Owners Club
- Honda MSX Nutters
- Womens International Motorcycle Association ( WIMA)
- LC Club
- West Sussex Bikers
- Wey Valley, East & West Sussex, Solent & Kent Advanced Motorcyclists
- Ace Cafe Facebook group
- Horsham Riders
- Triumph Owners Club
If your group isn’t on that list – visit the Clubs & Ride-Outs Page and you can sign up for a great members offer.
Improve your skills with the IAM
We’ve partnered with the IAM to provide some great sessions:
- Slow speed machine control
- Chicane handling – slow and fast
- SMIDSY Avoidance
- Emergency braking
- Observed rides on the road
All these sessions are free to enter, and you can pre-book once you’ve signed up to come along – we’ll send out the details in the welcome email.
We’re lined up some great live music throughout the day, from blues to contemporary, with a focus on good quality musicians.
Fortunately Sussex has a wealth of talent from blues to rock, and we’re meeting some great bands to keep you entertained throughout the day.